David is a vastly experienced factual and entertainment editor with extensive broadcast and feature length credits. He has built an impressive list of credits for the major British broadcasters including BBC, Channel 4, Discovery/TLC, Channel 5, Sky & MTV.
With a strong post-production background working across many well-known London post houses, David began his editing career as a staff online editor, before going on to follow his passion for storytelling.
One of the feature length documentaries he edited, ‘The First Film,’ was nominated for Best Documentary in EIFF 2015 and Galway Film Fleadh 2015. “Billy Fury: The sound of Fury” was given critics choice when it aired on BBC 2.
Clients frequently complement David on the strength of his narrative storytelling, his great sense of timing and his ability to convey the emotional impact of a story. Other strengths are his use of music choices, speed and calmness when working under pressure against extreme deadlines.
In short, David is an extremely sought after editor, easy to get along with and enhances all the films he works on.
- Avid: Media Composer | Symphony
- Da Vinci: Resolve
- Adobe: Premiere
- Grading: Media composer with Symphony (Intermediate/Advanced) / Resolve (Basic)
- GFX: After Effects (Basic) | Photoshop (Basic)
- Transcoding / Encoding: Media Encoder | Compressor | FF MPEG Streamclip | XDCam transfer
- Excellent working knowledge of video & digital formats / codecs
- Past experience of media management ISIS, Unity & LANshare systems, advising productions on Post workflows, supervising and training junior members