Joan is a highly skilled editor with 12 years experience. He is passionate about editing and brings lots of creativity in the cutting room.
Having worked as an in-house editor for commercial and TV companies, he jumped into freelancing and since then has edited feature documentaries, high profile music videos and commercials.
With a deep knowledge of storytelling and filmmaking, Joan is also able to work fast and under pressure when required. Clients can not recommend him highly enough.
Recent credits include the sports documentary ‘Against All Odds: Oscar Figueroa‘ for the Olympic Channel and the sailing expedition feature documentary ‘Latitude 80º .‘
- Avid: Media Composer
- Adobe: Premiere
- Final Cut Pro: Version 7
- Grading: Da Vinci Resolve (Basic)
- GFX: After Effects (Basic)
- Transcoding / Encoding: Media Encoder, Compressor, FF MPEG Streamclip, XDCam Transfer
- In-depth knowledge of video workflows with digital formats; Alexa, RED, Phantom, Blackmagic, Canon 5D / 7D
- Used to handling 4K, 2K, HD and SD data for both TV or Viral content
- Experienced in online mastering and delivery to international broadcast standards, including: NTSC and PAL conversion, VFX supervising and sound mixing